KeeperRL Alpha 26 is released!
KeeperRL Alpha 26 is out today. This is a big content update with new game mechanics, basic modding support, and if that’s not enough, it also introduces dozens of new animations and special effects!
This update allows you to construct buildings outside of the dungeon. You can choose to dwell in a castle if you’re not a fan of caves. There is also a new Keeper character, the White Knight, with a new set of minions and enemies. He/she is similar to the Duke nemesis found in the campaign.
As always, the update is already available on Steam, Itch.io, and Humble Store. You can also get the free version from here.
The full change log:
- White Knight keeper.
- Outside buildings.
- Basic modding support. Check out already existing mods here.
- Dungeon leveling system, which replaces mana.
- Red dragons breathe fire like they ought to
- New luxury system based on furniture luxury meter, which replaces the previous tile efficiency system.
- Undead sleep in (upgradable) coffins, and graves are only used to store corpses.
- Fine and luxurious bed upgrades.
- Added mummy minion. Starts slow and week, but can be trained to an extreme level.
- Sitting on an enemy throne summons all enemy minions.
- Some minions can be racist and be hostile even to otherwise friendly creatures of that race (for example prisoners).
- Added slow/fast trainee/crafter special traits and corresponding rings.
- Added adamantine helmet, boots, gloves and warhammer, iron gloves and golden staff.
- Removed ‘sorcery’ skill. Spell cool-downs depend on spell experience level.
- Wizard keeper starts with sorcery tech, Dark Knight with iron working, White Knight with archery.
- Kraken tentacle length is limited to 15 tiles.
- Graves and pits can be built outside.
- ‘Population’ trigger depends on population counter, not total number of minions.
- Creatures stop flying/levitating when they fall asleep.
- Wizard keeper’s starting robe no longer grants magic resistance.
- Adamantine golems dig much faster.
- Vampire lord won’t start with an artifact staff.
- Added candelabra.
- New special effects and animations.
- Wall and mountain tiles show cracks when being dug out/destroyed.
- Keeper sprites are upgraded as the dungeon level increases.
- New player class menu.
- Map legend shows info on all objects in a given tile, not just the top one.
- Map legend shows indoor/outdoor status of a tile.
- Added shadows to bushes.
- Team leader highlight blinks only in full control mode.
- New sprite for pits.
- Staff of suicide is no longer auto-picked up by minions, he he.
- Crafters don’t get depressed if crafted item doesn’t have any artifact upgrades.
- Fixed crash caused by including wolves in a team.
- Fixed various issues with hauling AI.
- AI takes into account max throw range when throwing things.
- Small fixes in attacking AI.
- Spells can be cast over fire.
- Fixed kraken pulling issues.
- Removed unused corpse decapitation logic.
- Items are not teleported out of forbidden zone.
- Fixed crash involving adding a newly discovered team member when in full
- Fixed crash caused by the ‘darkness source’ effect.
- Fixed UI issue caused by controlling the keeper through the “wounded keeper” prompt, while an active building is selected.
- Fixed a small AI issue with team members sometimes staying behind when an enemy
is visible far away.
- Added more diagnostics to trace a rare creature position swapping crash.