KeeperRL Alpha 29 is released!
KeeperRL Alpha 29 is out! This update features Steam Workshop integration along with gameplay improvements and a big amount of new content, including two new biomes!
I’d like to thank everyone involved in crash testing this patch, sending bug reports and suggestions. Your help was invaluable!
Scroll down for a detailed change log.
As always, the update is already available on Steam, Itch.io, and Humble Store. You can also get the free version from here.
- Mods and retired dungeons are shared on Steam Workshop.
- Contagious plague effect.
- Z-level enemies can attack upon being discovered.
- Enemy aggression can be tweaked in settings.
- Spying effect, which allows infiltrating enemy territory.
- Equipped shield prevents equipping bows and two-handed weapons.
- New “parry” attribute, which prevents de-buffs when surrounded by enemies.
- Temporarily insane creatures won’t make allies hostile forever.
- All consumable items are automatically picked up by minions.
- Creatures with 0 ranged damage can’t equip bows.
- Poetry writing.
- Creatures can’t cast spells at enemies that they can’t see.
- Bodies of water can become bloody after a large battle.
- Items can have randomized modifiers.
- Walking into the map border opens the travel menu.
- Other furniture can be built on top of prison floor.
- Special item ingredients: hydra tongue, cyclops brain, dragon scales, and more.
- Iron and adamantine shields.
- Wizard hats a’ka Cornuthaums.
- Underground treeshrooms for players who always run out of wood.
- Desert biome with thieves castle and a djinn in a dungeon.
- Snow biome with Eskimos and a white dragon.
- Totems that have a permanent area effect: healing, blindness, bleeding.
- Evil God Adoxie is in vanilla game with his own secret level!
- Double trouble unique ability.
- Black rats infected with plague z-level.
- Group healing spell affects only allies.
- Items are moddable.
- BuildingInfo is moddable.
- Z-level width is moddable.
- Items can grant a custom ability.
- Creature first names are moddable.
- More than 10 keeper/adventurer avatars are allowed
- Game doesn’t crash when mod specifies skill level outside of [0;1] range.
- New effect types: Chance, Message, Enhance, Wish, Filter, Ice, IMMOBILE, FROZEN, COLD_RESISTANCE
- Creatures can drop custom items (body parts).
- Improved mod menu.
- Added “locate” button to minion page.
- Rectangle selection on the map shows rectangle dimensions.
- Uploaded dungeons include a screenshot of an area chosen by the dungeon’s author.
- Main menu and loading bar visual changes.
- Added warning when online features are disabled and trying to download maps/mods.
- Main menu can display personal messages from the developer.
- Added item effect description to item’s tooltip.
- Added some handy links to the main menu.
- Return key closes text windows.
- Gameplay loop optimizations.
- Fixed spell schools of legendary humanoids.
- Limited immigrant spawning to the ground level if possible.
- Fixed issue with placing the smaller castle in bad position on the map.
- Fixed rare crash when removing nonexistent team member in control mode.
- Added diagnostics for a rare fire wall processing crash.
- Fixed crash when using PlaceMinion order and creature can’t be placed at position.
- Fixed scrolling to the end of message history window.
- Fixed crash when multiple special attack effects kill a creature.
- Fixed friendly fire issue when casting ranged spells.
- Fixed issue with first name input field in the keeper menu.
- Fixed verification of ViewIds in mods.
- AI won’t throw items other than potion for their effect.
- Flying over pits is possible.
- Forbidden zone doesn’t block spells.
- Fixed AI throwing logic.
- Fixed special intrinsic attacks of some creatures.