Home Forums General Discussion What triggers knights attacks?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I had games where I dig into a cave don't go out and they attack me I had games where I go out there and butcher whole village and they kill me. Knights attack me almost always systematically regardless of my build at around 45-60 min in the game 99% of the time it means game over. I would really like to know why this happens is it just RGN or am I some how angering them?

miki151
    Participant

They should only attack if you kill some of their folk (even cows) or if you get too powerful. There might be a bug somewhere though.

I've had it happen a few times where I've dug right into the mountain, created storage, created training area, had my keeper train to level 7 or 8. Made a library and boom, knights attack. No attacking cows or horses or peasants. I've also had a few where I've slaughtered pretty indiscriminately and nothing attacked me. I figured out pretty quick that those peasants could be the trigger, but I've altered my play style and didn't really change anything. I wonder if some other attack (lizardmen or dragon) attacking peasants is triggering it? Or maybe a tree spirit that you've created by chopping too much wood? Just wondering if those attacks could also cause it.

Okay I will be careful with all the animals and put extra control on my beast so no stupid ravens. It would be great idea Michal if we got the message telling us why it happened. Like “You got attacked by the humans of XXXXXXX as a revenge for killing their farm animals” It would really help new people understand game better.

He did say that was a something he was thinking about implementing. I think it would be good to have levels of difficulty, like on easy they gave you that message and were a bit more lenient about it, only attacking if you took out X peasants. While medium difficulty you didn't get the message and they were more likely to attack (maybe about as much as they are currently), and hard they just came at you if you even glance at a peasant the wrong way. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.