Home Forums News Travelling the world

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Last week I had coded the generation of the campaign grid, individual maps and their inhabitants. The next step was implementing the various ways in w
    [See the full post at: Travelling the world]

Keeperman
    Participant

It does sound pretty complex. Would it help just to heal up all the enemy units when you leave their map? Sleep, poison, entangled, speed, invisible, etc. could also be automatically removed. Immigrants could appear on the square that their pathfinding is pointing them to rather than at the edge of the map. Maybe do something more sophisticated for Alpha 19?

Sounds awesome 🙂

owen
    Participant

Would it be possible to give our teams the order to rally at a way point when they’re not under our control?

Would it help just to heal up all the enemy units when you leave their map? Sleep, poison, entangled, speed, invisible, etc. could also be automatically removed.

I don’t think so. If you inject deadly poison to an enemy and leave the map, you want them to be dead the next time you arrive.

Would it be possible to give our teams the order to rally at a way point when they’re not under our control?

This used to be possible, but I didn’t like the UI for it so I removed it temporarily. Do you think it even makes sense in campaign mode? You wouldn’t be able to do that on sites other than your own anyway.

owen
    Participant

This used to be possible, but I didn’t like the UI for it so I removed it temporarily. Do you think it even makes sense in campaign mode? You wouldn’t be able to do that on sites other than your own anyway.

I was thinking that you might want to have several teams at different locations in a hostile sector, for whatever tactical purpose. Maybe you want to draw the main army away while you go around murdering peasants, stealing gold, or something of the sort. Or you send out an advanced scout while the bulk of your forces stay at the edge of the map. (Hopefully there will be more situations such that combat can benefit from the use of several teams at once).

Anyway, if forces are automatically commanded to go home when they’re not under your control, it would make this sort of tactic impossible.

owen
    Participant

Oh right, another question: where do defending units start when an invasion happens?

By the way, did you ever play Jagged Alliance 2? KeeperRL is shaping up to be very similar to that game, heh.

Keeperman
    Participant

I’m in favour of a quicker release with less features. Future versions can have it all in.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.