Home Forums Development some thoughts about equipment

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    rumpelstilzz
    Participant

After playing several days I found I had to give my 2 pence about the equipment system. It’s mostly about limiting things to classes, so I best sort it by creature.

Goblin: Goblins without weapons are nothing more than crafting slaves, so I’d like to have them armed. One handed weapons and bows. If (I didn’t check it yet, I have to admit) there is also a limitation system for armor, they could also be allowed to wear leather stuff (plus iron helmet, if it was that sophisticated). But if not, well, armor is too expensive to be wasted on goblins.

Ogre: He is too big for armor. He also is too clumsy to use a bow. Please deny it to him.

Harpy: I am in love with her and every single one of her mad sisters since I read Ulysses at the age of ten, so I’m really happy you took her in the game. But she really should not wear armor or two handed weapons, it makes her to heavy to fly.

Orc shaman: There is an old belief that wearing metal armor hinders magic, so only the most powerful wizards are able to cast when armored. And the orc shaman, even if I don’t dare to tell him face to face, isn’t one of them. But instead of wearing armor, you could allow him to perform rituals. Hard enough to get those who can.

Vampire: same as orc shaman

The Keeper: Well, he IS powerful enough to cast when armored. I’d even state that he should be able to perform rituals.

Ah, and one more thing. I’m suffering a certain, hm not really bug but glitch: One of my creatures keeps collecting all arrows, leaving none for the others. Limiting the amount of arrows one can carry to a reasonable number like, let’s say two or three stacks à 20, might be helpful to avoiding this problem.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by rumpelstilzz.
    rumpelstilzz
    Participant

Update:
    I feel I thought too far in the previous post as there might be an easier solution. At the moment, humanoid creatures can either use weapons and armor both or they simply can’t. A feature that differs between light (one handed) and heavy (…) weapons is already there and works well (I noticed that on ork losing an arm lost his ability to carry heavy armament) If that possibility was split up AND bows used the normal weapons slot and not a dedicated one (which might also soften the problem [<- can you use that phrase in english?] of dividing up arrows as well as the role assignment …more tactical battles I’d set equipment rules for creatures as follows: (“I’d” means the following things are just propositions…)

– Goblin, harpy: no armor, light weapons, bows

– Orc: armor, all weapons

– Ogre, werewolf, shaman: no armor, no bows, light and heavy weapons

– Zombie: armor, light and heavy weapons, no bows

– Vampire: here’s room for discussions. Surely he can use light and heavy armament, he even can use bows but I think it simply isn’t his style, but I’m not sure if he should use armor. Maybe only the vampire lord, to make a bigger difference.

– The succubus: I don’t know how you do imagine her, but I think she might be able to use weapons

– Keeper and legendary humanoid surely can use everything they like.

– Kobold: Their pourpose (as I see it) is to deliver some starting resources. If they were armed with knifes or clubs they could be “harvested” for initial weapons and they were a little harder to defeat.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by rumpelstilzz.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by rumpelstilzz. Reason: added kobold
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.