Home Forums Bugs :P Save crash

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Windows 7 / Steam build (2015-03-20 22ea)

Was playing keeper mode. I was adding legendary humanoids to a team when the auto save started and then CTD'd. The save file is corrupt, I'll attach it so you can see how far it got.
    Without seeing any debug info I was wondering if it could be a concurrency issue with the size of the team changing just as the save starts. I presume you're using semaphores and waithandles to lock your threads and then wait for halts before you start saving the data?
    No stacktrace (sorry) as I relaunched to check the save before thinking about it. Consider date-timing filenames and not deleting them? Same for autosaves, create a second file to save out to and then swap them over (rm/mv) once it is completed successfully.

Can't attach files 🙁

An Error Has Occurred!
    Cannot access attachments upload path!

Had the same save problem today. Autosave failed to complete and save got corrupt.

miki151
    Participant

I'm still trying to figure out this bug. It's probably the weirdest one this game ever had. Can you please send me the corrupted save file? It has an .aut extension. Thanks 🙂 miki@keeperrl.com

i have one of these to, i can send if u want.

miki151
    Participant

Yes, please!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.