Home Forums News Plans for Alpha20

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Now that Alpha19 is out, a lot of weight went off my chest, as it fixed many technical and other issues introduced earlier. Players seem to enjoy the
    [See the full post at: Plans for Alpha20]

Keeperman
    Participant

Alpha 20 sounds like it will be interesting. Challenges 🙂

The existing technology tree is a fantastic idea, but with respect, it is very poorly implemented. There is no challenge. All you have to do is build a library and speed up the game until you can research everything. This is a huge missed opportunity for visible and well defined challenges and it sounds like a brilliant candidate for improvement in Alpha 20.

Fortunately it is easily fixed. For example, stop the library from generating more than twice the mana you have gained from killing things.

Another one is training. Stop the training room giving more than two levels since the unit has last killed something?

If this makes it too hard, then play father Christmas and give out some buffs that balance the game again. There are a long list of things that players have suggested that would help out there.

Whatever you decide, looking forward to it 🙂

Keeperman
    Participant

Having said all of that, your game is awesome! I have been playing it for months and I am still entertained.

“Currently the player only faces a few major challenges, and the road to victory is either quick or contains long stretches of boredom.”

No, I disagree. More challenges will make this game even better though.

Keeperman
    Participant

My Steam library says I’ve played 507 hours so far.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.