Home Forums News New Stuff

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

After releasing a few bug fixing patches to Alpha23, I got right down to working on the next major update. I’ll give you a summary of things that are
    [See the full post at: New Stuff]

red_kangaroo
    Participant

This is awesome!

The order of creatures in your group was already shown, so I didn’t mind that their speed might have been rather varied, but neither does the new simplified system sound bad – it will definitely be easier to remember the sequence of your creatures’ turns.

Will some creatures retain permanent slow/fast speed? I suppose ogres and dark elves could loose their speed differences, but what about zombies, or bats and ravens?

How will burden affect you under the new speed system? It seems that even in Alpha 23 burden has much lower effect on speed than it had before (or is it only me?), but will/how will burden affect you without the more fine-grained speed?

I love those intrinsic attacks! And I’m looking forward to using green dragon fang as a poisoned dagger. πŸ˜€

Are there any plans on adding intrinsic armor as well? Eg. heavy fur for bears which can be dropped by dead bears and worn by other creatures, or maybe dragon scales granting the appropriate resistance?

Are you planning to balance different intrinsic attacks of a single creature to make them all interesting, rather than one simply being better? Let me explain what I mean – the werewolf above has fangs with higher attack, so maybe his claws could have a chance of causing bleed, or maybe he could have a chance to attack twice with claws as long as he has both hands, to compensate for the lower damage?

Apart from doppelgangers, will the mutation system be (one day, of course) extended so that you can eg. mutate one of your orcs to have claws and a beak?

Heh heh, I want to see kobolds who overrun and slaughtered a castle. πŸ˜€

And completely unrelated to the above, will there be mistresses? I miss good old Dungeon Keeper mistresses. πŸ˜›

Thank you for your continued work on the game!

Will some creatures retain permanent slow/fast speed? I suppose ogres and dark elves could loose their speed differences, but what about zombies, or bats and ravens?

The most extreme ones, yes. So: imps, ravens will have 2x speed, zombies will have half speed.

How will burden affect you under the new speed system? It seems that even in Alpha 23 burden has much lower effect on speed than it had before (or is it only me?), but will/how will burden affect you without the more fine-grained speed?

With the new changes burden doesn’t affect speed at all. So there’s just a hard limit. I think it’s a better system anyway, I didn’t really like creatures slowing down due to burden. But things may change depending on player feedback.

Are there any plans on adding intrinsic armor as well? Eg. heavy fur for bears which can be dropped by dead bears and worn by other creatures, or maybe dragon scales granting the appropriate resistance?

Yes, I’d like to do that some time.

Are you planning to balance different intrinsic attacks of a single creature to make them all interesting, rather than one simply being better?

Good point, I’ll have to think about it.

Apart from doppelgangers, will the mutation system be (one day, of course) extended so that you can eg. mutate one of your orcs to have claws and a beak?

That’s the long term plan. At some point I intend for the legendary creatures to be obtained in some other way, and the succubus breeding system to create regular, but mutated minions.

Heh heh, I want to see kobolds who overrun and slaughtered a castle.

Not going to happen, kobolds can only be on the receiving end of the mechanic πŸ™‚

And completely unrelated to the above, will there be mistresses? I miss good old Dungeon Keeper mistresses.

You have succubi πŸ™‚

red_kangaroo
    Participant

That’s the long term plan. At some point I intend for the legendary creatures to be obtained in some other way, and the succubus breeding system to create regular, but mutated minions.

That sounds great!

You have succubi πŸ™‚

Sadly they cannot be used in battle, with no equip slots nor combat or magical aptitudes. And no whips, of course. πŸ˜›

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.