Home Forums General Discussion New player questions

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I was going to pick this game up on the website yesterday when low and behold it's on steam now! So I picked it up there, I've been wanting this game a long time.  Enjoyed my first night with it last night but I've got a few questions.  I'm sorry if this is hashed out elsewhere I tried to find it but saw nothing. 

Keeper side questions –
    Armies?

I see a mention in the quick start of building beds and starting an army (people seem to build their own beds)… ok so I have a dungeon full of orcs and ogres and gobos and even some shamans and ghosts.  How can I organize them into an attacking force to go raid a village?

Even more importantly how  do I organize them to defend when I'm being attacked by a town?  I had the enemy funneled right into my minion's bedroom through base design but the humans mopped up all my lackies and I'm pretty sure I had them out numbered, from what it looked like all my guys -except the ogre- ran from them when they burst into the room. 

When using guard posts there is only ever one guy on duty as far as I can tell.

So how do I defend my self ?

Also I saw a video that the player took control of the keeper at level 1 and went out into the world to get some levels and kills.  Is this something I should be doing?

I found the team command after watching some of Nat20's videos.  It was a critical help. 

I second the watching of Nat20s videos. That being said, you can go into the creature tab (second tab), and create a group from there and then you can command the first one and they all follow you.

For defense, it's really important to plan your dungeon in advance. Know that some of them (the dragons in particular) can fly, so if you have an open source of water from outside the dungeon that can function as an open path for them. I like to have a single point of entry into my dungeon, usually make a very long _____ shape to a T or L and then the dungeon is off of that point. Then I can set traps along that long path and usually have my training room just on the other side of the T or L intersection – most of your creatures are going to hang out there training. Then when the humans or lizards or dwarfs attack, they are coming right into a training room full of your guys.

I was looking for help as well. I found watching Nat20 and scr0at helped, I was able to start the game and hit the ground running 🙂 Nat20 has a bunch of vids, scr0at seems to have just put out his first video on it.

A great way to defend or attack is to use the Orders command to place the guard flags out – a single minion will rally to a single flag, so putting out 5 will bring 5 of your minions.

Thanks, this is helpful!
    But how do you rally your imps?  Mine won't leave the dungeon to go get more wood 🙁

Keeperman
    Participant

Use “prioritize task” and “fetch items” orders

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.