Home Forums General Discussion How to compile KeeperRL ?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi there,

I just discovered KeeperRL and would like to try it, has it really interests me.
    The problem is that I don't have Steam and would like to compile the game from source.

BUT, when I compile it, I encounter a big problem : no medias (sfx or gfx)

The problem is that some files are needed at compiling that do not exist in the main repository.
    Is there another repository needed ? Is that possible to compile the game from source ?

Thanks in advance  🙂

P.S : OS = GNU/Linux Debian 8 (Jessie Stable)
    P.P.S : I'm a noob with computers :p

Keeperman
    Participant

I tried to compile it just once for about 10 minutes and it didn't work first time, so I gave up. I don't think I have the right things installed.

Release of the source code is very generous and a good reason to support keeperRL in my opinion.

I guess you know that there are two versions and one has graphics and sound effects and one doesn't? The one that doesn't is the free one that you need to try and compile. There might be a way to tell it to exclude the missing media from the compilation to produce the free version.

Good luck 🙂

Keeperman
    Participant

I suppose you realise that you can download the game without compiling it yourself?

With a demo version ?

Keeperman
    Participant

Yeah, the demo is the full version apart from sound and graphics. Your error seems to be telling you that you don't have any sound or graphics media, which makes some sort of sense to me if you haven't purchased it.

miki151
    Participant

The problem is that some files are needed at compiling that do not exist in the main repository.

Yes, there was one file missing. It's fixed already. Let me know if you have any other problems, and please paste the full error if so.

Cheers,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.