Home Forums General Discussion Game is too easy.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

No one EVER attacks me. I've played the game from start to finish 8 times already and only once bandits tried to steal my gold. All the other times bandits were killed on the first night by my wolves or cave bears…

Other tribes don't really care about my evil plans. I can take them out one by one and it looks like they are too scared to leave their “fortresses/homes” so i just keep the game open in the background and wait till my orcs train to level 20 and then i win the game.

Is the alpha 15 broken in some way? As stated in the update: “Villages revenge item theft.” – so far this hasn't been true. Even dragon didn't care much if i took all he had with an imp.(if needed i can make a video)
    I hope everything gets fixed in alpha 16 🙂

Also here's a bonus pic of the ultimate dungeon that can win every game!
    Ss3L5ZU.png
    Yes a giant rectangle with no need to really have any doors or walls!

same happening to me… no one care about my dungeon..

miki151
    Participant

Yeah, it's a bug, I'll update the standalone versions next week. Sorry.

same thing happening to me, first time playing, game easy as heck I win easily with no attacks,  me
    “meh”.

On the STEAM version.

Keeperman
    Participant

Hi Miki,

Just to let you know that I think this is still a bug in the latest version. My strategy was to keep a low profile. Build a library and power up. I am on turn 150,000 after leaving it to run all night. I have never been attacked by any tribes because of “Mistrust”, “Exploration”, or “Curiosity”. Personally, I think these reasons to attack me should start around turn 5000 for most enemies. Perhaps the dragons might be less bothered.

I also have 30,000 mana. I have done all the research and I have nothing left to spend mana on except imps and eyeballs. That's a lot of imps but imps get more expensive and are limited. The cost of eyeballs never goes up and I can fill the whole map. There is no mana cost when my keeper casts spells.

Thanks for the game update though, it does seem to fix a lot of things.

Warm regards,

Keeperman

miki151
    Participant

Do you have the throne built? Have you discovered any of the tribes? If so, can you check if any have any 'triggers' in the villains tab?

Keeperman
    Participant

I was just keeping a low profile. No throne and no exploration. Just feels like they would discover me eventually…

Keeperman
    Participant

Perhaps it is a fair strategy. I had just assumed that after about turn 20,000 some of the other tribes might decide to pay me a visit.

miki151
    Participant

You weren't evil enough 🙂

Keeperman
    Participant

They are all dead now, bodies everywhere! I was just hiding from them until the right moment.  😉

it will be great to add some kind of difficult control like this one: z3t6eCL.jpg

the enemy streght over time and attack rate and size can change a lot the difficulty

Gallade
    Participant

it will be great to add some kind of difficult control like this one: z3t6eCL.jpg

the enemy streght over time and attack rate and size can change a lot the difficulty

That would need a good rebalancing of the game, but then again, the game already needs some good balancing to begin with, so why not.
    For instance, in this case enemies could get stronger over time (as opposed to receiving reinforcements if they lose some fighters but not their leader), so you would need to have some way to make resources renewable. Especially gold, since that is what caps your population the most (Add in trade caravans that occasionally travel the roads, and set up minions to ambush and rob them?)

That, and…the minion cap is nonsense to me. When you are still setting up, gold is scarce and you can only get one more minion by buying a statue for 300 gold. When you can buy the throne, you HAVE to be ready to stand up to endgame-level assaults anyway, so you might as well take over the castle and tower. And in the end, you get enough gold to get your cap to at least 40-50, but you don't really have any use for those extra minions except make the dungeon harder to complete in Adventurer mode (in other words, bragging rights).

Would make sense if population size and limit depended on the rooms you have built and the type of minions. I would make it like this:

-No more “hard” population cap
    -Higher and/or incremental cost for living spaces (Dormitory, ritual room, graveyard, lair)
    -Each unit occupies a space of a certain shape and size in the living space. For instance, Ogres need a 4×2 section of Dormitory, Vampires must have a 3×3 section of Graveyard, Orcs and Goblins only need 1×2 slices of Dormitory, Bats and Ravens have a 1×1 Cage and so on.
    -Minions that you obtain in ways other than immigration (recruiting, finding, Succubus breeding) will stay neutral until they have an adequate living space

Keeperman
    Participant

It might be a personality disorder, but I rather like making statues of myself, to remind my creatures who to fear 😉

Keeperman
    Participant

On reflection, I'd prefer a more fuzzy population limit. As population increases, the morale goes down. Monsters desert or turn hostile, the population goes down again. Symbols of my dictatorship such as a throne and statues would help remind them who is in charge. A steady source of food cheers everyone up. Whippings would only go so far, but a good pillaging of local towns would always be popular.

The current system is about right, but a bit too exact. A statue is worth exactly 1. A throne worth exactly 10. Food worth exactly 4. etc. It feels like these numbers ought to be invisible to the player, you would find out something was wrong when they start fighting each other.

Gallade
    Participant

On reflection, I'd prefer a more fuzzy population limit. As population increases, the morale goes down. Monsters desert or turn hostile, the population goes down again. Symbols of my dictatorship such as a throne and statues would help remind them who is in charge. A steady source of food cheers everyone up. Whippings would only go so far, but a good pillaging of local towns would always be popular.

The current system is about right, but a bit too exact. A statue is worth exactly 1. A throne worth exactly 10. Food worth exactly 4. etc. It feels like these numbers ought to be invisible to the player, you would find out something was wrong when they start fighting each other.

That's what I meant with hard cap: it should be somewhat realistic and with various degrees on the quantity/efficiency scale, and not just a clear-cut limit. Keep a few trustworthy monsters with you, and they'll be happy to work and fight for you. Expand as much as you want and you get superior numbers, but the minions' morale gets low because of the crowded lair and you need to strike a balance by providing for them.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.