Home Forums Bugs :P Game is broken.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Since about alpha 7, every copy of Keeper RL does the exact same thing. Utilities one whole core, then proceeds to do nothing.
    http://imgur.com/62Pt9dR

Specifications:
    http://imgur.com/SJeeHyZ

miki151
    Participant

Oops, that doesn't look very good. So the window just stays white from the very beginning, without even the main menu appearing?

Oops, that doesn't look very good. So the window just stays white from the very beginning, without even the main menu appearing?

If I run it off my integrated graphics, I can get the main menu to appear. Re sizing the game seems to select menu options randomly, otherwise I can't seem to do anything. Managed to glitch it into starting. It took roughly 10 minutes for it to load a new game and all I had was the mini-map in the top left, everything else was black. I'm fairly sure there was a frame counter, it read 22.

miki151
    Participant

So on integrated graphics it doesn't load at all (white screen), and Nvidia(?) it loads up the menu, but you're not able to select anything with neither mouse or keyboard, am I correct?

So on integrated graphics it doesn't load at all (white screen), and Nvidia(?) it loads up the menu, but you're not able to select anything with neither mouse or keyboard, am I correct?

Integrated loads the main menu, NVIDIA produces nothing.
    Neither windows are responsive.

If I play the game with the integrated graphics, I have figured out that I can refresh the screen by moving it around, so I can click on something, then move the window to advance time

I have also noted that the playing field is displayed only if I use Unicode.

miki151
    Participant

This sounds so bad I don't even know were to begin trying to solve it. I wish I had access to your PC. I guess scrapping SFML altogether in favor of SDL is the only solution.

If you want a refund I'll understand.

Ps. I assume you've tried the latest Alpha, as I did fix a small problem with the graphics there.

This sounds so bad I don't even know were to begin trying to solve it. I wish I had access to your PC. I guess scrapping SFML altogether in favor of SDL is the only solution.

If you want a refund I'll understand.

Ps. I assume you've tried the latest Alpha, as I did fix a small problem with the graphics there.

If you like, you could connect via team-viewer to my computer and see for yourself.
    Are there any dependencies that I should know about?

If you are going to refund me, I would like to give you a quick prompt.

I would like to buy some Kentucky fried chicken sometime this week.

miki151
    Participant

Ok, done. Did you check if the last version works though? I fixed some things there.

Latest version produces a different error.
    Tried running on linux and windows. Same thing.
    iFa1RPq.png

miki151
    Participant

What's your setup? I'm guessing your graphics card or driver is really old.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.