Home Forums Bugs :P FPS issues with alpha16_4 on windows 7 64bit (paid version)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I haven't played in a long time, but I tried it again this weekend with the alpha16_4 version on windows 7 64bit.

Everything was doing great the first few games (other than me losing) but in the middle of my current game, my FPS suddenly went to 20-29/0.

I tried the CPU affinity changes suggested in other threads but didn't notice any difference.

At the time of the slowdown, I had just conquered the dwarves, summoned 20 imps, and sent my imps to claim tiles and collect items.

Starting a new game seemed to work fine.  Eventually I tried reinstalling everything and at first it was slow but eventually sped up.    But then it just happened again.

It happened right after I sent imps to build eyeballs near the human town.  Now the FPS is slowly crawling back up from 20/0 to 20/17 at the moment.  It seems like the cause might have something to do with pathfinding over great distances with lots of open space.  I can certainly speculate why that might be a major cpu killer.

Keeperman
    Participant

I found the same thing when exploring the map by planning eyeballs and sending my imps out to build them. Now I explore using bats and ravens instead. There is a problem with sending out large numbers of imps around the map in the late game.

miki151
    Participant

I thought I had these issues under control in alpha16. Can you please send a save file to miki@keeperrl.com when that happens? Thanks!

I found the same thing when exploring the map by planning eyeballs and sending my imps out to build them. Now I explore using bats and ravens instead. There is a problem with sending out large numbers of imps around the map in the late game.

Keeperman,

Now that you mention it, I had also designated eyeballs way out there.  I can't remember if that was also happening at the time I claimed items, but it is very possible that's the case.

I probably do have a save game which demonstrates this since, after restarting the game and rebooting the system, I then copied the save game to a new install.

Michal,

I'll try to find a problem save file later today and email it to you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.