Home Forums General Discussion Female Summons and Townsfolk

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Vordrak
    Participant

I have noticed that all the monsters you can summon are male and all the townsfolk, soldiers and peasants for all the other factions are male. This is a tad unfortunate.

I think that there should be some females amongst the humans, elves, lizardmen and dwarves. I also think that as Keeper you should be able to summon some female monsters. I suggest some vampiresses, succubi and lamia?

Not to be crass but most evil overlord magic users able to summon and enslave monsters would totally want some female minions.

miki151
    Participant

I would very much like more female monsters (Mistress!), but unfortunately the tiles that I use have only one female – the witch.

Vordrak
    Participant

Um … draw more? Or did someone else do the tiles?

miki151
    Participant

Trust me I would draw more if I could :). I bought the tiles from here: oryxdesignlab.com

Did you not buy this entire set then? http://oryxdesignlab.com/sprites/16-bit-fantasy-sprite-set
    Because it does feature female versions of most creatures. Hell, Before I even saw this full sheet I drew up my own female keeper based on a blurry screenshot of the male one, trying to keep the style and colors the same as the rest of the Graphics. (I Think my female Keeper is better than the one in that sprite sheet to be honest.)

4f0cm.png

Vordrak
    Participant

Yes. If you look closely there are females for most of the races, although it is not immediately obvious in some cases.

Is the sprite set going to be limited to the one for sale at oryxdesignlab or is an expansion a possibility? Does oryxdesignlab take commissions?

miki151
    Participant

There is one person interested in replacing the whole tileset plus other graphics, we'll see how it goes. The male-female differences in the Oryx tiles are so insignificant that I didn't bother with them. I'd like to add significantly female NPCs like nymphs, mistresses, undead etc.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.