Home Forums General Discussion Expansive traversal worlds in keeper mode

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Keeper mode reminds me of a game of checkers, its quick and its not to in depth but it can deliver a good amount of fun depending on the experience, so I had some thoughts, In keeper mode I find the confines of the world map a little daunting, as I am the kind of person, that would love to be able to expands z levels, and able to move in nearly any direction I choose, allowing for me to move to new “Sites” much like Dwarf Fortress adventure mode, and in each site I can set up a independent dungeon in this site, research, would carry on to this site, and I could have sqauds of various companions to accompany me on my adventures, and I could move them from site to site to serve as garrisons for dungeons I set up in various locations, and various civilizations would send soldiers to assault these various sites to remove my dungeons, even if the keeper is not there at the site durring the attack, I don't wan't to get to into depth before my article becomes nothing more then rambling, but If you catch my meaning behind this, I think it would work well for gameplay and a more indepth gameplay experience

miki151
    Participant

Hey, that's a novel idea definitely, but a bit out of scope for what I want to do for 1.0. What I plan is to make the maps larger and allow many players to play on the same map sequentially, fighting previous keepers and just looking around what their predecessors were up to. So even if the games might be a bit short (I plan something around 1-1.5 hour), they should get a lot more depth.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.