Home Forums Bugs :P Crash to Desktop Error: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I played the game(no full screen) once for about 90 minutes. I changed one setting if I remember correctly. I chose not to add my scores to leader board. No problems. Close game and try to reopen it later. Crash to desktop with error below.
    All three steam to start game fail.
    Steam validated game files.
    Uninstalled game & ensured no files left behind in keeperRL folder. (Not sure if any there are any in appdata, I couldn't find any)
    Run as admin on keeper.exe did a crash to desktop as well but no error message.
    Disabled Microsoft Security essentials  no change
    Edit: Rebooting Computer did not work either.

A:SteamsteamappscommonKeeperRL>keeper.exe –override_settings FULLSCREEN=n
    Error: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
    Error: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION
    The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

A:SteamsteamappscommonKeeperRL>if exist stacktrace.out (

mshta “javascript:var sh=new ActiveXObject( 'WScript.Shell' ); sh.Popup( 'Keepe
    rRL has crashed 🙁 An imp has been dispatched to report the details to the devel
    opers.', 0, 'Sorry!', 64 );close()”
    msg * “”
    )
      % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed  Time    Time    Time  Current
                                    Dload  Upload  Total  Spent    Left  Speed
    100  127    0    0  100  127      0    108  0:00:01  0:00:01 –:–:–  108

miki151
    Participant

Can you run the game in Debug mode (from Steam) once again, and paste the file 'stacktrace.out' in here? Thanks.

I'm getting a similar error with the standalone, with the console launching for about half a second before crashing, with the following text:
    “Failed to load image”./data/images/keeper_choice.png”. Reason: Unable to open f- (I can't read what it is unable to open, because the console just closes after about half a second of me opening it)
    Error: EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.