Home Forums Development Combat/weapon suggestion

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Heinlager
    Participant

Hello, really enjoying the game and just wanted to add that I think a ‘cooldown’ on attacks/weapons could add a lot. It would allow there to be more variables between weapons, instead of each one being better or worse. It would also add natural niches, like slow heavy hitting weapons being better versus high defense and fast weapons versus swarms of enemies. Also it could help with the variety of weapons, currently bows have to do poor damage or they would be simply superior, however if it fired slowly it could be balanced to do useful damage without being overpowered.

How exactly the system would work is a big question though haha. You could effectively stun a unit after it attacks for the duration of its weapon cooldown, or it could only move, or say in the case of spells it could have to cast for a several turns before the spell takes effect.

Of course this would be a major change and you might have already considered this and decided not to go this way but just wanted to throw my ideas in.

Keep up the good work!

I think it could be a bit confusing and/or annoying in fast paced turn-based combat, but I’ll think about it!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.