Home Forums General Discussion Combat Alerts in future builds?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Nat20
    Participant

SO far I'm loving the game, I'm trying to understand it a little better before I start doing video about it.

Being an Alpha game I'm sure there are still features going in, and if this is not one of them I recommend it (or something that accomplishes the same goal) goes into the final build.
    In dwarf fortress when ever something important happens (most importantly an enemy shows up in the enemies line of sight) the game will pause and take you to the action so you don't do poorly because of not noticing.  It would be helpful if your game did something similar, even a note where the tutorials go would be great. I've played about 2 hours so far and lost 3 dungeons to not noticing my forces were dying. (to be fair one of those times a text bubble saying a dragon was coming to rock my shit did pop up, but I only noticed the later dragon because my forest was a giant field of fire.)

This game is amazing, just currently requires me to be more vigilant than your typical base builder.

miki151
    Participant

Good point, right now there are messages when the heroes / dragon are leaving their bases, and it can take a while for them to arrive, so you might forget about them. Instead, I'll add a message that warns about them on their arrival, like when they're 10 tiles from your entrance or something.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.