Home Forums General Discussion Are vampires too powerful?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

in my last game I had, for the first time, a few vampires in my army of darkness, and I found them to be very powerful. It seems they can not be hurt by physical damage, so this basically lead to one vampire wiping out half of the desperate final attack all by himself. Together with a few poison traps, that is… but nonetheless, none of the other minions could have done that, and it seems that if I have enough vampires, I would be basically unbeatable. I feel they are too powerful.

miki151
    Participant

Possibly. Undead need some balancing because they have different mechanics. They don't get wounded, as you noticed, but get chopped into pieces.

Vordrak
    Participant

Hmm.

My vampires cannot get that far due to my not being able to get the necessary tome.

I agree that they're unfairly strong at the moment, but maybe they call for a new class of enemies? A priest class with bonuses against the undead might help even out the fight. I've seen people talking about having gods in Keeper mode, so maybe priests could be worked into that somehow.

miki151
    Participant

That's a very good idea. Or I might just give the heroes potions of holy water to throw.

Yup, I like that, too.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.