Home Forums General Discussion Alpha9 Access, Possible Issue, And Suggestions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Instead of creating a number of threads around the areas of the forum here, and since I'm not sure if something I've encountered is a bug or not, I'm gonna throw everything into this one post.  ;D

• I see you've posted some bugfixes but it's unclear to me, a pledge, where to access them.  I don't use the ASCII version (yet) and I'm assuming it has to be in a private place such as in the email I received to download Alpha9.  Sorry I'm confused!
    • I finally got some time to play and have been rolling along trying to figure a few things out when I use the Guard post.  I put one where I wanted and somehow put another one just outside the main entrance of my dungeon.  The way I figure that out is that my Keeper(!) is milling around at the entrance of my dungeon.  I notice an goblin milling around the guardpost I intended to place and delete it.  The goblin goes on his merry way.  I do the same with the Guard post at the entrance and my Keeper still stays there milling around.  I tell him to train, he stays.  I possess him, take him to the library, tell him to train, and he heads back to the entrance and bounces around.  Any ideas?
    • I would really like it if the borders of the map were more noticeable, especially on the minimap.  I know it's a picky thing but it can disorient me at times.
    • I would like to see storage split into resources and crafted items.  I like to have resources stored near the entrance or even not connected to my dungeon so the imps can come and go quickly getting things done.  The problem is that, even if I create a storage next to the workshop the crafting creatures will often still go to the storage areas I created first – sometimes a very long trip.  This subjects them to any attackers that might be coming.  I've even had my Keeper trying to get to storage for some upgrade, ostensibly, while a huge battle was going on within the dungeon.  I had to lock him up behind a door where he stayed not researching or doing anything I would tell him to do.  Once the battle was over and I unlocked the door he went, got whatever from storage he wanted, and then went back to research.  Perhaps that's a second suggestion/issue – when a creature goes for an upgrade there's no way to alter their behavior unless they're attacked.

Overall, it's an AWESOME game so far!

miki151
    Participant

I see you've posted some bugfixes but it's unclear to me, a pledge, where to access them.  I don't use the ASCII version (yet) and I'm assuming it has to be in a private place such as in the email I received to download Alpha9.  Sorry I'm confused!

The link that you received in the email will always have the most recent version. I didn't realize this could be confusing, I'll probably send a follow up email.

I finally got some time to play and have been rolling along trying to figure a few things out when I use the Guard post.  I put one where I wanted and somehow put another one just outside the main entrance of my dungeon.  The way I figure that out is that my Keeper(!) is milling around at the entrance of my dungeon.  I notice an goblin milling around the guardpost I intended to place and delete it.  The goblin goes on his merry way.  I do the same with the Guard post at the entrance and my Keeper still stays there milling around.  I tell him to train, he stays.  I possess him, take him to the library, tell him to train, and he heads back to the entrance and bounces around.  Any ideas?

Seems like two bugs, first the keeper shouldn't attend guardposts at all, second, a creature should go back to its previous task when the guard post is removed, which isn't happening as I understand?

I would really like it if the borders of the map were more noticeable, especially on the minimap.  I know it's a picky thing but it can disorient me at times.

Ok, will do.

I would like to see storage split into resources and crafted items.

Isn't this exactly the case in the recent version?

Overall, it's an AWESOME game so far!

Thank you 🙂

Thanks for the clarification on the link from the email!  You may have been clear and I haven't looked at it since I initially received it and did my download.  I'll get the update.

It appears as if it was the guardpost that provoked the Keeper to go there and mill around.  Nothing else showed up.  I have deleted both guardposts but he's the only one that stuck in his general area.  I saved the game and have just re-loaded it.  He's still wandering back and forth in that spot.  Let me know if you want me to try anything with the game save – unless I get impatient and start a new one. =)

I thought there was only the one kind of storage.  I now see there are three types, the default is for everything.  Duh.  My bad.  You had this covered.

Thanks!

miki151
    Participant

If you could send that save to rusolis@poczta.fm that would be great. Thanks 🙂

Sent!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.