Home Forums General Discussion Alpha 8 Feedback

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Vordrak
    Participant

Like it – but want more content per my Alpha 7 Feedback, which remains more or less the same –

Poison is overpowered – if your keeper gets it you have to spam healing potions for like, 60 turns or die. There needs to be an antidote potion or something. Can you smear potion on your sword?

Want classes. A magic user class, a cleric and a Paladin class and more shops for pure Adventurer. Adventurer v Keeper needs way more shops and stuff. Also magic user class. Also levelling. Really want adventurer levelling, sorry.

Branches for Keeper, like different advance branches of spells. For example, take the spiders in the Adventurer class. You could have an advance of Arachnomancer that lets you summon different sizes of spiders, cast a web spray spell, gives you a chitin armour buff. Summon swams. Another branch (darkness) Tenebration so you can plunge people into darkness, summon shadows, shadow tendrils.

Demonology.

Master crafter creatures like summon an epic goblin smith so you can make magic swords etc.

Shrines to evil gods where you can sacrifice.

Resources run out too quickly. Trees should renew and it should be possible to sell stuff, including wooden goods, for money and buy resources. You should be able to have renewable resources. Increase resources per metal / stone deposit x 5. Maybe create stone, iron etc for mana.

A way to accelerate mana production, e.g. an 'apprentice' path or something to recruit minions. It will cost mana at first but later accelerate production of mana.

Bigger map.

miki151
    Participant

Hey, thanks for repeating the ideas 🙂 – I don't want to go too fast with adding content.

Question – what would the gods give in return for sacrifices?

I haven't played a lot of the game yet, so I might be wrong at some points.

1. I agree with mana production. After some time I get to a point where I have to put the game to background to get some mana produced.
    2. Other thing is that villages seem a bit unbalanced, when they come attack me, they die really quick. When i attack a castle it takes a lot of attackers to just get through the door. Iron golems are better with this, cause they die more slowly. However they seem to be able to block any number of my humanoids or beasts at the door.
    3. Also can i get prisoners when attacking ? They only seem to surrender when they attack me
    4. I wish there was some super-aggresive enemies option, or enemies growing in power with time. I enjoy defending my dungeon, but right now there is very little risk of being overrun.
    5. Some ui improvements would be nice. I especially loath having to shift click drag to get square area, shift seems unnecessary, just click or drag would be enough. Also maybe mapping zoom to scroll wheel would be possible.
    6. I tried playing adventurer mode, however for now it seems quite dull, ended up walking around for some time with nothing to fight with.
    7. Gold is useless for keeper atm, maybe it would be better if elite monsters would require a gold upkeep. It would give some incentive to mine it.
    8. It's true that resources can be easily used up, especialy if you get unlucky with mapgen. Maybe deposits should have more ore in it, but take a lot more time to dig. I Haven't had problem with wood though.
    9. It is weird, that humanoids don't have to eat at all. I think some food production would be nice addition. Or maybe pillaging villages to get food.
    10. Also there should be some system for monster moods. Some extra equipment to keep them happy. This could also be dependent on what different monsters live around them, the lightning etc.

Vordrak
    Participant

Question – what would the gods give in return for sacrifices?

It would have to depend on what you sacrificed. An imp – mebbe a couple of Gold coins.

Something valuable – like a bunch of mana or a level 10 Legendary Humanoid, or a high level item should net you a permanent extra power. Each god could offer a summon or artefact or something. E.g. the God of darkness could give you the power to summon shadows.

The gods in a pantheistic setting are in competition, so I reckon they would be fairly reliable in ponying up goodies to a loyal worshipper.

miki151
    Participant

Right, I first need to figure out what to sacrifice, so the system is not abusable. I think prisoners would make sense, because they are limited and they have other uses already.

I already have a randomly generated pantheon (you can experience it in adventure mode), so the feature is pretty straightforward. Thanks for the idea 🙂

PS. After some fiddling, I got another idea for mana production. Maybe idle imps could work in library to generate some more mana. I think it would fit in nicely. Imps get progressively more expensive and you would have to balance mining and mana production.

miki151
    Participant

I'm not sure, it would be too easy to make a mana farm.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.