Home Forums Bugs :P Alpha 13 Bugs

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Hi Guys,

I have posted this thread so that all bugs including mine may be posted here (The forum is currently getting cluttered with bugs pertaining to different versions. Dev, kindly help streamline if possible (Also mention a thread with general posting rules, for example, if there is a way for us to provide game log files. Would be very helpful. Thanks).

Here is a bug I found. Will keep updating here as I come across more bugs.

Bug Post Format: index. Number of times occurence (digits) / Situation (actual problem)

1. 1 / I think the game code breaks when you reorder members within a team and then command the team once more. It happened the first time I played the game and created a team of vampires. Did not try it again

2. 1 / My first game play and the game crashed when I died early within minutes of playing the game (nomad keeper idea from Nat20 🙂 ). It did not occur a second time

3. Active repeatable inconvenience / When playing, once several monster/members (different types) are in the dungeon, we are unable to properly command a team since the team option moves down the list and starts to overlap with the game's 'speed' settings

4. Repeating Bug / Uable to stop imps from fetching bodies from the camps etc. Once the fetch option is selected, imps constantly stand near the bodies and do nothing. Unable to remove the order too. I think the problem is persistent because my graveyard was full and so no place to fetch the bodies/skeletons to. Donno exact reason the first time I got this problem

miki151
    Participant

3. is fixed now, thanks for remining me.

If you see 4. again, or something similar, please send me the save file.

I recommend also putting the OS in the bug post format (Win/Mac/Lin) as some bugs appear in some versions but not others.

Does this thread apply to Alpha13 Free ASCII version as well? If so:
    5. Repeatable / Mac OSX Mountain Lion (Free) / Crashes when trying to save/retire a game

Code:
    libc++abi.dylib: terminate called throwing an exception

Looking in my user_dir, I can see the .kep and .ret files, but they're empty files (strangely, the log.out file is also empty). So, I'm assuming the problem may have something to do with memory management (not being able to write to the buffer before writing to the file).

miki151
    Participant

I understand that it crashes every time you try to save? Can you please post the contents of the file 'stacktrace.out' after the crash if it's not empty?

yes, it's really odd. Looking around my computer, I can't find the 'stacktrace.out' file. There's only the empty 'log.out' file in the osx directory.

miki151
    Participant

It should be in the 'current' directory, i.e. if you run the game from command line, it should be there when you run 'ls'.

The terminal prints this after running the game and trying to save:

Code:
    Running the game from .
    libc++abi.dylib: terminate called throwing an exception
    ./keeper_mac.command: line 12: 17663 Abort trap: 6          ./keeper –data_dir=.. –user_dir=..

Entering 'ls' in the terminal gives me this list:

Code:
    COPYING-MEDIA.txt keeper_lin64.sh openal32.dll
    COPYING.txt keeper_mac.command osx
    Quabiano_Andalaspia.kep libgcc_s_dw2-1.dll sfml-audio-2.dll
    Remigar_Hyboria.kep libsndfile-1.dll sfml-graphics-2.dll
    data_contrib libstdc++-6.dll sfml-system-2.dll
    data_free libwinpthread-1.dll sfml-window-2.dll
    keeper.exe lin32
    keeper_lin32.sh lin64

The Quabiano_Andalaspia.kep file is empty (zero bytes). So I entered 'cd osx; ls' to get:

Code:
    Frameworks keeper log.out

Again, the log.out is also empty (zero bytes), and I unfortunately don't see a stacktrace.out file. :/

Sorry about bothering you about this, especially so close to your steam early access release. I'd prefer if you work on that rather than on the ASCII demo that I'm running which is still playable, just not saveable/retirable.

miki151
    Participant

Oh, darn, I didn't realize you're playing alpha13, which doesn't produce the stacktraces. Send me an email and I'll give you a steam key so we can see if the bug is still there. miki@keeperrl.com

sent

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.