Home Forums Development [Alpha 12] / Steam Version Full Feedback

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Vordrak
    Participant

I have been testing the Alpha 12 and Steam Windows version. This is my fuller feedback.

In most ways the game is much improved –

1. Graphics and performance are better. The new UI is much more professional looking.

2. There are some new spells, which somewhat improve the Keeper's durability at lower levels.

3. The handling of items is more Roguelike with potions not initially identified.

4. There are new races and the addition of immigration into towns greatly improves the longevity of the game. Smooth movement of units has been introduced in the Steam version.

However, there are also some drawbacks –

1. I mentioned this before but the Keeper's beard sucks. At least let us have the choice of the old avatar please?

2. Crashes – I have not been able to complete a full game in Alpha 12 because it keeps crashing, usually when doing an item related operation like picking up or dropping something. We need some sort of auto-save feature. The Roguelike mode would be great but the game needs to be more stable.

3. Gold situation is better but there are still too many drains. I suggest slightly reducing wages and increasing gold / tile and gold / npc.

4. That's it really. I would like a bigger map and am against wasting developer time re-architecting into smaller maps with time freezes.

The game is better than before but needs either auto-save or stability fixes urgently.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.