Home Forums General Discussion Adventure mode

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nat20
    Participant

I've recently been trying out the adventure mode and I've noticed a few things and here's what I notice that seems…off

-I don't see a way for me to sell items (possibly intentional)
    -The adventurer never seems to level up despite having a level displayed.
    -All shopkeepers in the dungeon are instantly killed by a boulder so I just get a huge pile of loot.

miki151
    Participant

The first two are intentional. Not sure about the third, seems really weird…

-I don't see a way for me to sell items (possibly intentional)
      Advice for possible future feature:
    Allow adventurers to sell items, however each shopkeeper only has X amount of gold for buying items and shopkeepers only buy items which match their trade. For example a blacksmith would buy weapons, yet would not buy potions. This worked great for Neverwinter Nights created by Bioware.

-The adventurer never seems to level up despite having a level displayed.
      Advice for possible future feature:
    Allow adventurers to increase levels from killing enemies/monsters, however each type of creature can only be killed X number of times before experience ends. This would stop someone from sitting around killing rats to reach a high level. One step further would be adding quests/puzzles which also provide experience.

I think a better idea would be to get XP based on the difference between the adventurer and creature killed; and when the difference is too great in the adventurer's favor award 0 XP. This also has the benefit that if the adventurer attacks a creature with a greater level than his own, he gets bonus XP.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.