Home Forums General Discussion Adventure mode change

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Grahf
    Participant

Short and simple, I think it’s worth considering having a party system in adventurer mode where one can recruit allies and tame beasts to amass an army. Conceptually it would match (and scale) better to the challenges of attacking a powerful warlock.

If you’re interested by the opinion here’s more thought on it.
    Adventurers could recruit basic allies with gold or use the same RNG style system as the warlock where once you complete certain perquisites: subdue X minor enemies, or subdue x major enemies, subdue specific enemy, have X gold, have tamed specific creature, have total of X allies, and so on. Larger scale humanoid allies such as the elementalist, human duke, dwarf duke, merfolk cheiftan, and so on would function on their own exclusive set of these perquisites. When it comes to beasts (dragon, spider, hydra, ect.) you need only defeat them to unlock the chance to recruit them.

This whole concept is made reasonable by the introduction of the new accept/deny ally menu added in the new alpha update as it would serve the same function with an adventurer. You approach a dragon(spider, hydra, cyclops…) and it pops up in your menu, perquisite “kill a dragon“. do the deed, spawn a dragon to your party- no muss no fuss. Same is true for allies with a basic, lets say bandits, who function how imps do except with gold cost that increases relative to the unit instead of mana.

Having no unit limit to the party and being locked to controlling the adventurer only one would amass the forces antagonistic to the warlock eventually overwhelm the tyrant. I imagine, since the adventurer comes into play with a (or many) fully formed warlock domains already established they’re rising to defeat an evil overlord and thus this act of rallying an army from those under evils heel to overthrow him just feels… right.
    Let me know what you think.

Grahf
    Participant

No opinions xD?

Keeperman
    Participant

Having creatures join your party as an adventurer would be cool.

Keeperman
    Participant

Please may I start off with my pet dog?

I love the idea of using the immigration UI for recruiting in adventurer mode. The buttons would pop out when you’re in the vicinity of a creature that could potentially join, and then you’d try to meet their requirements. I’m not sure about the “kill a dragon -> recruit a dragon”, but other requirements could make sense.

Hmm, pet dog, sure. But I’m afraid it would get slaughtered quickly 🙁

Keeperman
    Participant

My dog is at least level 5 with huge teeth 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.