Home Forums Development a bunch of lesser ideas

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    rumpelstilzz
    Participant

1. Doors
    Someone here in the forum mentioned doors made of the different materials wood and stone (when researched crafting), iron (ironworking), steel (steelmaking) with a higher stability. I’d like to add magic doors (when researched expert sorcery, construction ressource mana) that take the most effort to be broken but can also be opened with entering the correct answer to some randomly selected sphinx-like riddles. Especially interesting for adventure mode. The idea is stolen from the timeless jewel The Elder Scrolls 2: Daggerfall

2. Mana use
    Spells could cost a small amount of mana according to their research level. This might be annoying when your shamans and vampires do their auto-casting, but it would force you to keep a better eye on your mana amount and slow down the researching speed which is to quick in my opinion, and after having researched everything that stuff becomes pretty useless as one needs only so much potions.

3. Mana use again
    More strategic spells. The summon Imp button is pretty lonely.
    – Earlier I wondered what the legendary humanoid / beast research was about and guessed is might be to turn one of your creatures into something mightier. Now that I know, I think it’s not bad an idea. Maybe limited to only be allowed for the first legendary humanoid and beast each, so if you recruit one this way or another that option is deactivated and you can get a second (third…) one only by finding one on the map.
    – Befriend humanoid / beast spell. Makes an enemy neutral, cast again on the same one makes him to be recruited for gold like allies. Beeing accessible via a button like summon imp makes it work only on creatures attacking you. Mana costs according to the monster’s size, just like the recruiting costs. You’ll need an entry of the player dungeon for the recruiting button in the sword-and-wizard-staff tab. Should not be able for single living monsters like cyclops or dragon.
    – Grow fungus spell. Grows a random fungus on a tile.
    – Regrow tree spell. Works only on a treetrunk. This turns mana into wood and helps against wood shortage in the endgame. The idea is stolen from the sadly underrated game War Winds.

4. Mana use once more
    Crafting and refill costs for non-wooden traps could be payed with mana. Which one exactly is open for discussion, I hereby propose poison-, alarm- and surprise trap.

5. Building in the outcourt
    I’d like to do more outside of my dungeon. Like building barricades and doors inbetween. Plus the option to put torches on those barricades. Heads on spikes to lower invader’s morale. More ideas welcome 🙂

6. Farming fungee
    Well now I am leaving the field of things that are only minor changes. What about “plowing” some connected tiles and putting one mushroom there, and over time that kind of mushroom spreads? I hear they grow outdoor as well as indoor. That idea leads directly to the next:

7. Potions made of mushrooms
    I wrote so much about spending more mana, now an idea to save some: The effect of each kind of mushroom could be increased (or the side effect decreased) by making a potion of it – which means nothing more than a potion of rage etc with the mushroom as production ressource.

8. Farming crops
    Yes I know, dungeon dwellers are carnivores. These fields are not for harvesting but for beeing burned (fire sphere or fire spell) when invaders walk over. Regrows after having been burned down after some time. Outdoors only, of course. Idea stolen from the game Overlord.

9. Excuse me
    We are talking about evil creatures living to serve only one purpose, the world destruction. They don’t say “excuse me”, they say “Get out of my way!”

10. Stone ressource
    Another ressource I often suffer a shortage of is stone. Which is strange when digging the ground everytime. As I learned the trade stonemason I can tell you, almost everything can be used for something. What if every dug-out tile gave you one unit of stone? It would give you enough to work with while not so much that you killed the whole mountain.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by rumpelstilzz. Reason: typo
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by rumpelstilzz. Reason: added 9
    • This topic was modified 7 years, 2 months ago by rumpelstilzz. Reason: ideas stolen from... added
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.