Home Forums Development 18 hours, my thoughts:

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

So with 2 dozen failures, and a single success, I've been rather… caught… by this game.

This game is of cause very inspired by Dungeon Keeper, and it's why I brought it, and I do have some thoughts on what's I've seen.

Add soundeffects, sound is incredible important to giving the player audio feedback, and also simply to make things seem more alive. imps claiming floor tiles (instead of a command), goblins making armours, maybe even having the vampires go “a-ha!” when attacking.

The problem (with my thoughts) is that a lot of what I want to bring up, is smaller things, like, put the 4 workshops on the build menu, instead of in a submenu, rightclicking deselects the room you have selected, defaulting to dig. Don't fill every square with the anvil sprite, the bookcase sprite, or similar, for rooms larger than 3×3. have bookcases be solid objects? claimable walls?, add some sort of undigable rock? lava?

A lot of people on the forum seems to  want… “More”. Be it more spells, equipment, or creatures, but I'm not sure that would make the game any better.
    Au Contriare, I would say removing the other resources could be a good idea, same with the dragons, and ogres, in general, removing all of the, for a lack of better term: “standard fantasy creatures” Would help the “feel” of the game.

on the off note: I do like how the animals are literal animals, doing their own things, but I would wish they weren't so… suicidal.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.