Home Forums Development Ideas for more tactical battles?

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    owen
    Participant

I just bought Ananias roguelike on Steam. The rogue has an ally whose behaviour can be cycled between “charge,” “follow,” and “stay.” (I wonder if this is what Bas Testerink was referencing.) The cycling is performed simply by pressing a button on the UI.

For KeeperRL, when you are controlling a unit, I wonder if there could be a “button” for every ally you have in your party. All of these buttons could be lined up along the bottom or the side of the main window. Clicking on these buttons would allow you to cycle the behaviour for that ally (or potentially do more stuff). I’m just mentioning this because I thought the UI design in Ananias roguelike that let you do this was convenient.

I’ve been planning to implement these kinds of orders. A dedicated button that cycles behaviors for a given minion sounds like a nice, intuitive UI, I like it.

Postal Man
    Participant

I think each character having random stats like 13+5, 11+2, and spell-casters learning random spells instead of having the capability to learn all spells would be a good addition. Would force you to think about battle a little more.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 8 months ago by Postal Man.
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.