Home Forums Bugs :P Mac OS – High Sierra bug

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Red_Monday
    Participant

First off, I’m not sure if this bug is specific to my operating system.

THE BUG: When I start up the game and the “fancy cursor” does not appear I have to double-click or triple-click every in places I would have to single click normally. On top of this, it makes the menus very glitchy and just clicking anywhere has about a 50% chance of not working at all.

I was able to fix this after restarting the game after playing for an hour. But I had no idea when I started the game the first time that I was encountering a bug and I just thought the controls were awful.

So if you ever encounter the glitch where the fancy cursor doesn’t appear when you start the game (when it’s enabled in the options) just restart the game. Otherwise the game is near unplayable.

I’ve heard of similar problems on Mac OS from one or two other players. I don’t know where the issue could be, perhaps in the SDL2 library that KeeperRL uses.

How often does the game start glitched when you restart it? When the “fancy cursor” doesn’t appear do you get a normal cursor instead? Does disabling the “fancy cursor” in the settings change anything?

raquo
    Participant

Same issue on 10.12.6 (Sierra), launching from steam. Sometimes I get the fancy cursor, sometimes not. It’s the normal system cursor otherwise. Disabling the fancy mouse cursor doesn’t seem to make a difference, the cursor still only works well 30% of the times I start the game.

Do I understand correctly that those 30% of times when everything works is when the fancy cursor shows up, and when it’s the system cursor then clicking is broken?

raquo
    Participant

Do I understand correctly that those 30% of times when everything works is when the fancy cursor shows up, and when it’s the system cursor then clicking is broken?

That’s correct

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.