Home Forums General Discussion adventure mode is hilariously bad.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    thegreyone
    Participant

so many people may now that adventure mode (keeper rl's other gamemode) is a thing. it's also really really broken. stunned? you mine aswell abandon the game. any creature weilding a magic hammer thing can stunlock you an turn what would be a slaughter into them just stunlocking you an killing you without warning you may aswell give the a lead filled warhammers a random chance to instantly turn your enemy to dust. not only that but most dungeons aren't even playable! they're usually so boulder trap ridden that unless you have a shit ton of deceptions an summon insects you may aswell save yourself the frustration an abandon sure there are plenty of neat little ways to get around boulders (did you know that you can set your own boulder traps an they'll block the bad traps?!) but they all revolve around items that you may or may not find. force bolt while infront of a crap ton of stuff is another way to instantly lose. you can even have ultra powerfull legendary minions sitting right in the heroes spawn not to mention anything (ANYTHING AT ALL) that goes invisible will kill the crap out of whatever is not invisible. other times it's far to easy.. you slaughter the minions an find an old weak level 5 keeper no one bothered to train up sure some of these problems can be avoided by finding cool gear like boots of speed levitation dexterity gloves or strength gloves an the invisibilty problem is 100% gone with the telepathy helm but the problem with finding this gear is 1 keepers have the first chance to pick it up. 2 it's rare an often isn't on many worlds. I think it'd be cool if you could just teach your adventurer spells that refresh like the keepers. that way any map would be beatable

Its a roguelike, difficulty is part of the game, use potions and items and mushrooms intelligently and the game is fun.
    better yet, play with full handicap if you cant take the difficulty.
    8)

thegreyone
    Participant

lol I do play with full handicap. getting instakilled is stupid easy anyway. one inviso dude trots up to you an slices into you if he doesn't get you on the first swing you better hope your faster than him because two or three swings later your run will be a little limbless dead nuget. the only way to get them is to either be faster or be lucky an get a helm of omnipresent thingy mabobbers or have a scroll that can teleport you or distract him till he becomes visible. also you can be the smartest guy in the world but when you get stun locked in the middle of a fight an get torn to shreds it doesn't matter. also have fun dealing with force bolt when it sends the entire rooms worth of items at you an instakills you. the “oh it's a rogue like arguement so we should accept the difficulty” doesn't really hold up. unless your just one of those guys who just couldn't give two shits or a masochist you should realize that difficulty should be able to be overcame most of the time. difficulty isn't getting instakilled because your unlucky an the dude with the golden hammer clonked you on the head an then rofl stomped your face (also. rogue likes are supposed to be sorta beatable most of the time. there's nothing more frustrating an discouraging then battling through a massive dungeon just to find you could never win cause the keeper hiding down a massively long hallway filled with instakill boulder traps

Keeperman
    Participant

I'd like to play on a handicap where some of the tribes get survivors to help you.

thegreyone
    Participant

I'd like to play on a handicap where some of the tribes get survivors to help you.

this.

Keeperman
    Participant

I have not yet found a map that can't be beaten. I have cracked 6 out of 6 so far.

Try this guide for Adventuring mode:

https://keeperrl.com/wiki/index.php?title=Guide_for_Adventurer_mode

Gallade
    Participant

This isn't any Rogue Like scenario…you're fighting against someone who is just done taking over this part of the world and most likely wrested heaps of treasures away from villages, castles, and even a freaking dragon. The odds are not really in favor of a random hero…

Still, it should let you gain the trust of survivors, get more people to immigrate into the map and band them together. Maybe even reclaim the human castle and defend it from the Keeper's horde.  It would be sort of like an Anti-Keeper mode, where you're trying to diminish the keeper's influence by sending and/or leading raids to his dungeon. Maybe even do the opposite of what the keeper does, such as scrounge up a treasure and offer it to a dragon in exchange for their help, or rebuilding the Witch/Elementalist's tower and gain support from their elementals…

In other words, while Keeper mode is centered around picking off your enemies one by one, Adventurer mode would be about making allies one by one until you have enough forces for the final assault.

thegreyone
    Participant

I have not yet found a map that can't be beaten. I have cracked 6 out of 6 so far.

Try this guide for Adventuring mode:

https://keeperrl.com/wiki/index.php?title=Guide_for_Adventurer_mode

try any map where there's a profuse us of boulder plus web traps. anyone can kill a sloppy couple keepers that leave all the items all over the ground. there's nothing more frustrating than going into a map where you never could win no matter how good you are. most people who play this game have a very methodical mindset so they're not gonna be sloppy an there gonna cover all approaches very well so that it's very hard for anything but Overwhelming numbers of people to get through not to mention they want all the freebies littering the ground an the dead bodies will do well in the graveyard so they just tell the imps to run off an grab everything after their finished their assault this means that your denied the necessary things to crack most dungeons.

edit: I whish I could post a screenshot of the TONS of dungeons I've tried. litteraly it's a huge amount

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.