Home Forums Development A lovable bug i found but hope it inspires a great new development!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Guzorux
    Participant

Hey again!

I’ll get to the point and say that i use the “fill in tunnel” option all the time and very frequently (especially if i’m trying to create a more interesting dungeon, “Xzimphrix” being an example).

And the game says that it costs 50 stone per space filled in.
    But what has actually happened in my games is the 50 stone is deducted whilst it’s in the “plan” or “build queue” state and once it is built the 50 stone gets refunded!

I personally think this is great and as such i’m worried this will get “corrected” in the coming patch….

Presuming having the fill in tunnel ability for free is not your vision for the game I’d like to be so bold as to suggest a possible lore friendly alternative!

That is filling in a tunnel space by using one of the renewable resources instead of costing one of the games finite resources.
    The resource i was thinking off is mana, more specifically in the form of imps.

I imagine this could be implemented by changing the “fill in tunnel” to “Collapse tunnel”, in which whatever loyal little imp takes the task of collapsing the tunnel will get deleted/killed and replaced by a message like “an imp is crushed by a “cave in””.

I feel this would increase the accessibility to more creative dungeon layouts whilst also creating a use for the usually excessive store of mana that accumulates in the later game after the last research cost!

P.S. I do hope i’ve conveyed myself clearly but if anything i’ve typed isn’t completely clear then please let me know and i’ll do my best to explain myself!

I think that killing an imp would be a much higher price than 50 stone. But it was always thought of as a way of correcting digging mistakes than to shape your dungeon.

Anyway, thanks for reporting the bug, indeed it will be fixed 😛

Guzorux
    Participant

Sorry but i’d have to strongly disagree about the cost. I’ll end a game with thousands of useless mana, most times exceeding 10k. Additionally the first 4 imps are free so even if a player made a massive mess then they could still continue with 4 imps and rapidly generate the mana for more, as the game already has a reasonable cost creep for more imps.

And because there isn’t a game mode where you can just build dungeons to be defeated i have to finish a game and then redesign the map (often has me having to delete my current dungeon and filling it in to make room for the new layout which can be very costly).

If there’s eventually going to be a feature where we can submit dungeon layouts without too much hassle that would be great, as so far i’ve only found retired dungeons that are seemingly not made with the thought of another player entering it. Maybe i’m really unlucky there but it’s still a concern for me.

I understand your working on improving the adventure mode right now and i must admit i’m rather excited about it!
    I’ve played over 115 hours currently and most of that time has been in base design, the game is fun but my favourite part is designing a bad guy for other people’s games….

I won’t get anything out of putting in the extra effort in my game….But i just enjoy the thought of someone being pleasantly surprised after picking my dungeon at random, busting down a random door to realise they just barged into a goblins bedroom and seeing “gobolicus” has his own little storage room ….
    Or realising that there is a separate building and finding that it’s a prison with many little doored of cells with guard dogs out front and then finding the storage of “confiscated contraband” from the prisoners.
    Or imagining the player who enjoys being sneaky and then staying in the shadows away from the more densely populated areas whilst stealthing their way around the base.
    And for that player who likes to be thorough and feels a great sense of achievement when they find a stash of gold hidden in a place most others would not have bothered to search!

So to conclude…. If you must keep the cost of mistake corrections to a finite resource would it be possible to consider a game mode later on down the line with the focus being dungeon design? It could greatly contribute to the variety of dungeons players would face against and if designed well could add a massive bonus to the rpg experience you mentioned you wanted to implement in a previous update regarding the adventure campaign!

I understand this would be a massive undertaking and a great challenge currently but it would be great to know if this would be considered if time and resources permitted it?

P.S. I’ve read through this and spell checked it like 6 times so once again hopefully it’s appropriately displayed and worded but I’m prone to mistakes so please let me know if anything seems odd or wrong! : )

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.