From KeeperRL Wiki
- 1 Forming a team
- 2 Some Team Roles to pick
- 3 Leader control mode
- 4 Full control mode
Forming a team
- Drag minions onto the "New team" option to form a new team
- Drag more minions onto the team that is formed
- When ready, select the team
- Choose a team member and click control to make them the leader
- Press t to travel around the campaign map.
Some Team Roles to pick
Consider which of these roles you need to fill...
- High damage and defence unit
- Benefits from carrying melee resistance potions
- Hit enemies with melee vulnerability potions for good measure
- Needs a good melee weapon
- Often best played as the team leader
- High spell damage skill
- Mage weapon (like a staff) needed
- Some decent spells needed
- High ranged damage unit
- Needs a bow
- Gives your team the ability to shoot well at night
- Also useful in large caves
- Being able to see the enemy in the dark to prepare or avoid them
- If necessary, can use night vision mushrooms
Elf vision or aerial vision
- Gives you line-of-sight past trees and some other barriers
- Aim arrows at full range through a forest
- See enemies before they see you
- Shoot enemies before they see you
- Very useful against enemy dungeons
- Will see traps
- Will disarm traps when you move into them
- Needs to be able to train in the correct magic school
- Needs to have the healing spells
Leader control mode
Leader control mode is 3 different modes.
Mode 1: Ignore enemies
- Stop your troops running off all over the place chasing enemies.
- If you don't have this set, they will break ranks and charge at all enemies.
Mode 2: Stand ground
- Get your troops into a standing formation
- Only the leader moves
- Switch leader and position everything as you want it
- Leave a defensive block at a useful place and attack with the leader.
- Tell a healer or defensive block to stand ground in a safe place while the leader attacks. Then return to the healer to get healed.
- As you come under attack you can switch leader and keep a defensive block.
- The formation of the standing army is broken after they follow their leader again.
Mode 3: Neither Ignoring enemies nor standing ground
- Chase enemies
- Good for mopping up fleeing enemies, if you don't want any to escape
Full control mode
- Control each unit in turn
- Press "w" to wait until other units have moved
- Requires patience