From KeeperRL Wiki
- Use wooden, iron and adamantium dummies to train in melee combat.
- Use wooden, iron and gold bookcases to train in magic combat.
- Use the archery targets to train ranged combat up to the creature's maximum level.
- Gold carpeting provides the best efficiency.
- Stone flooring is good efficiency and is not flammable.
- Wooden flooring is cheap and ugly and burns.
- Good lighting increases efficiency.
- Monsters are unable to train to the highest levels without the better dummies and bookcases.
- Archery targets require sufficient space to allow training.
Killing an enemy
- Kill enemies to gain experience.
- Your minions, and Keeper, will gain a minimum of 0.02 experience for each creature killed.
- Enemies that are tougher than you will gain you extra experience for the kill, sometimes rather a lot
- Every 1.0 experience causes the creature to level up and will increase your combat abilities
- Combat experience acts independently of training experience and you can have both without decreasing the other
- Each creature has a maximum amount of training experience available and also a maximum amount of combat experience available
- Not all creatures can train or gain new combat experience