Home Forums Bugs :P The game hangs on startup on my mac

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tiessa
    Participant

I purchased the game, downloaded the zip file, opened it, and ran in and it hung when first starting the game – it remained black with the spinning beach ball. I’m including a screen shot of my terminal window to show you the error message output by the program when it showed up.

Paid Version Unable To Run Terminal Image

I tried downloading and running the free version and I received the same error, just fewer of them. I’m including a screen shot of that as well.

Free Version Unable To Run Terminal Image

Tiessa
    Participant

I downloaded and ran the game from Steam to cover the bases and it too showed the same blank screen and would not let me play. If there is any other information I can provide to help diagnose the issue, I’d be happy to do it.

A few players have reported this happening on Windows, and it’s probably an issue coming from the recent move to SDL2. I’d be very happy to squash this bug. I’ll send you an email tomorrow with some questions, if you don’t mind.

Tiessa
    Participant

Sounds good – I’ll be happy to answer. I looked up the error message and it said that the newest version of libpng is more rigorous in what it’ll accept and that there is probably a malformed block in one of the png files that previous versions let through as a warning but the current version treats as an error.

I have a sneaking suspicion that I have a newer version of libpng floating around installed by something else I use that is newer than the one used by your library.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Tiessa. Reason: Additional info
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.