Home Forums General Discussion IRC channel

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hey folks, since I'd rather chat than sit on a forum, I made a IRC channel for KeeperRL.
    If you want, you can join it at irc.gamesurge.net in the channel #keeperrl ofcourse!

Oh, and first post 😉

miki151
    Participant

Cool thanks! I'll try to hang out there once in a while.

Keeperman
    Participant

Would be really cool to have an in-game chat system.

Andminus
    Participant

I know this is SUPER late of a response, idk if it counts as a Necro but: There’s a “similar”(I use that term loosely) game called Rimworld that possesses a mod that someone made that allows chat between players of the game AND also allows the trading of resources between said players, if it were possible to do anything like this for Keeper; allowing us to talk to a chatroom of people, and possibly getting supplies like gold/granite/iron/steel/mana from other Keepers, maybe even creature transfers(getting a high lvled creature to join you instead of a lvl 1-5) it would allow this game to seem at least partially multiplayer, even if not directly interacting in game.

Keeperman
    Participant

The chat is a good idea. It may be possible to play with/against other players by sharing the same random map seed. For example, you could warn each other of dangers over chat or race another player to conquer the same map. Racing players in real-time is fun, I did this with a member of my family by using the same seed in about alpha 18 (before campaigns). We experimented with chatting and sharing screens using Skype.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 12 months ago by Keeperman.
    Keeperman
    Participant

I think most of you have worked this out, but we are all hanging out on discord these past few years.

https://discord.gg/XZfCCs5

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.