Home Forums Bugs :P Graphic glitches, if window width more than 1024px

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    fedkin
    Participant

I have graphic glitches, if window width more than 1024px:

https://s21.postimg.org/mnwh10hg7/2016_10_20_153339_1280x800_scrot.png

The left panel is duplicated on the right. At the same time the duplicate flickers.

Glitches start from the beginning:

https://s21.postimg.org/yr6e2bhw7/2016_10_20_153906_1280x800_scrot.png

If the window is reduced to 1024px – interference disappear.
    In fullscreen mode glitches persists too.

Ubuntu 16.04 amd64, with VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GM/GMS, 943/940GML Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03) (with VAAPI driver for Intel G45 & HD Graphics family)

• This topic was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by fedkin.

Are you running it from Steam? I’ve had some issues with Steam and video drivers on Ubuntu 16.04.

Can you trie running it from outside of Steam? (it should be in .steam/steam/steamapps/common/KeeperRL or so)

Btw, has this issue appeared recently?

fedkin
    Participant

Are you running it from Steam?

No, i copied steam files and add some .so (i do not remember exactly what, at first game did not want to run at all)

Can you trie running it from outside of Steam?

I run it outside of Steam already.

And when i try running it from Steam game crashes with this error:

~$ steam steam://rungameid/329970
    Running Steam on ubuntu 16.04 64-bit
    STEAM_RUNTIME is enabled automatically
    awk: ~/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/amd64/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtinfo.so.5: no version information available (required by /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libreadline.so.6)
    grep: symbol lookup error: grep: undefined symbol: pcre_jit_stack_alloc
    /bin/bash: ~/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/amd64/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libtinfo.so.5: no version information available (required by /bin/bash)

Btw, has this issue appeared recently?

Yes, with 19 version i had the same problems. But before i tried older version (16 or 17) – and there everything was ok.

Can you copy the files again and tell me what .so are missing? This might be the problem.

fedkin
    Participant

Can you copy the files again and tell me what .so are missing? This might be the problem.

:~/KeeperRL$ ./keeper
    ./keeper: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL2_image-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

:~/KeeperRL$ ./keeper_linux.sh 
    ./keeper_linux.sh
    ~/KeeperRL
    rm: cannot remove 'stacktrace.out': No such file or directory
    cat: stacktrace.out: No such file or directory

Before i copied libSDL2_image-2.0.so.0.0.1 – and game runs. Now i try to install libsdl2-image-2.0-0 from ubuntu-repository: after that game runs manually (with glitches), but not under Steam (with same errors)

Ok, with the next hotfix (today), I’ll add the original libSDL2_image to the files and we’ll see if that helps.

fedkin
    Participant

Ok, with the next hotfix (today), I’ll add the original libSDL2_image to the files and we’ll see if that helps.

I tried hotfix. Game runs manually without preinstalled libSDL2_image. And don’t run via Steam (same errors in CMD and hung process “keeper”).

Graphical glitches remained.

Can you run other games via Steam?

fedkin
    Participant

Can you run other games via Steam?

I have not tried to play the other games via Steam yet…now i tested “Disturbed” – via Steam it doesn’t work (same with KeeperRl errors), but manually runs fine without any graphichal problems.

Your Steam install is probably broken, but I don’t know if that’s related to the glitch or not. It looks like a driver bug. In any case, you might want to check this link on problems with Steam and Ubuntu 16.04
    http://askubuntu.com/questions/771032/steam-not-opening-in-ubuntu-16-04-lts

fedkin
    Participant

In any case, you might want to check this link on problems with Steam and Ubuntu 16.04

Yes, i had this problem before, steam didn’t want to start. But i fixed it already and Steam works, but not games via steam (when started via “steam steam://rungameid/xxxxxx”). When i run games downloaded by Steam manually – it’s works fine.

Glitches with KeeperRL may related to driver problems – they reproduced on my laptop with integrated Intel video. Tomorrow i’ll try KeeperRL on another PC with Ubuntu 16.10 and Nvidia grpahics – if glitches reproduced – i’ll write you.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by fedkin.

So you reproduced the glitch on a another computer? Is there anything they have in common, like version of Ubuntu?

fedkin
    Participant

So you reproduced the glitch on a another computer? Is there anything they have in common, like version of Ubuntu?

I tried last version of KeeperRL on another Ubuntu 16.04 amd64 (with Nvidia video adapter) – everthing is ok, no glithes.

I have graphic glitches only on my main laptop. With Intel video and Ubuntu 16.04 amd64.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.