Home Forums Bugs :P Game doesn't start Error code 1281?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Eric
    Participant

Well I have the icon on the my desktop, steam://rungameid/329970, that that is the url that it is linked to. And so wen the game starts it gos though steam.

Ok, I’ll have to prepare a debug build then to figure out if it’s a new error or the same old one. Is your system 32 or 64-bit?

In the meantime, could you tell me the number in installId.txt in the game’s folder?

Eric
    Participant

There is one and 64bit from the two ways i know of to look up version type of Windows.

And you must be sick of hearing this from me by now but again. Thank You, I can not express just how happy this makes me to see game devs take the time to fix problems. X3 Most other Bigger companies I have gotten a game from have you just go and clam though the net to find a solution for your problem, and you guys have taken time out of your busy day to help one fan really play this game.

Alright, try this file. It’s much bigger now, so you have to unzip it first. Please tell me the contents of installId.txt, so I can find your crash report later.

https://keeperrl.com/~michal/keeper.zip

Eric
    Participant

-765817555295623817 That is all that is in that file. And just ran it and still just comes up with the Command prompt saying that KeeperRL has crashed.

Okay, I went through your crash reports, and you’re actually experiencing a different bug than others in this thread, so the updated build won’t fix it.

The crash that you have is certainly related to your graphics drivers. Can you make sure that you have the latest drivers directly from Intel?

Eric
    Participant

I Think I do, But let me see I am on the web sit right now trying to find the right set of drivers… I was always bad at trying to find this stuff.

Gen_Zirrir
    Participant

Hey Michal,

I tried downloading the 32-bit file, but it says that some kind of malware was found and it deletes the download. I also tried the zip one but it wouldn’t unzip. Any tips? 🙂
    Like I said im not extremely good with computers, so if there’s anything I missed do tell!

Do you use Steam? I could put the build there for you. Otherwise I don’t know how to bypass your anti-malware software 🙂

Gen_Zirrir
    Participant

Yes I do use steam, bought the game there also, same username as here!

Ok, check into the ‘dev’ branch on Steam. (game’s propertires -> BETA, choose ‘dev’ from the dropdown). When Steam downloads an update, you’ll have this testing build, let me know if it works.

I’m assuming your system is 32-bit. If not, let me know.

Gen_Zirrir
    Participant

Great news! It seems to be working! Loads of thanks! And have a great 2017 😉

Eric
    Participant

So after looking over my divers and trying to update everything, It looks like i have the most up to date drivers for everything…. granted wen i try to use the intel driver update it fails trying to update one driver… but I can not find it any were.

Great news! It seems to be working! Loads of thanks! And have a great 2017 ?

Great, I’m glad that this issue is out of the way 🙂

So after looking over my divers and trying to update everything, It looks like i have the most up to date drivers for everything…. granted wen i try to use the intel driver update it fails trying to update one driver… but I can not find it any were.

I’ll keep an eye out for this problem, but at this moment I’m not able to help you, sorry 🙁

Eric
    Participant

Hey do not worry about it, I have just to the fact that i need to sit down and put some cash to the side so that i can get a new pc. But I will say thank you once more for taking time to try and help, hey at lest you got to help someone else. X3 But this just means that Keeper RL will be one of the first games I put on the new pc. ;3

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.