Home Forums Bugs :P Game doesn't start Error code 1281?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Gen_Zirrir
    Participant

So, I decided to start to play this game again after a while but for some reason it doesn’t start anymore! I’m not some kind of computer wizard so I’m probably missing something obvious, but here’s what happens.

Everytime I start the game this message appears:
    FATALrender.cpp:106 Couldn’t load image.data_free/images/ui/scrollbar.pgn. Error code 1281
    The only thing i can do is click Ok.
    Then the screen starts displaying C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe, without a message and then it starts flickering a bunch of times.
    After which it does display a message for a few moments and then it completely shuts it down.

If anyone has any idea on what to do, or what could be wrong, that would be much appreciated! If more information is recuired please do ask!

Btw I checked the image files, and I do seem to have the scrollbar image there.

– Gen_Zirrir

A few players have had this error, I suspect it’s due to non-modern hardware or drivers, but I’m not sure what the problem is exactly.

Can you tell me your operating system version and video card model?

Gen_Zirrir
    Participant

Thank you for replying on such a short notice!
    I fear that might just be the case. I only have an old laptop so I guess it’s the last one.

Operating system: Windows 10 Home 32 bits
    Video card: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Thanks, I’ll do some research. Meanwhile, could you make sure that you have the latest video card drivers?

Gen_Zirrir
    Participant

I will try! And thank you for your help, love what you’re doing with the game 🙂

John
    Participant

I launched the game and it told me that it couldn’t load the Scrollbar.png file.
    error code:1281

John: thanks for reporting this. What video card do you have? Can you make sure that the drivers are up to date?

John
    Participant

Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation – WDDM 1.1) [Display adapter] (2x)
    I am almost positive that the drivers are up to date

Thanks. It looks like the problem occurs on a specific family of cards. I’ll do some research and will update you on the issue.

Eric
    Participant

Hello everyone,
    Now this is my first time ever posting on a form of any kind, but I am having the same problem with my game of KeeperRL.

And before you ask I am running Win 10 With Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family (Microsoft Corporation – WDDM 1.1).
    I can confirm that that is the latest set of these drivers for that set of chips. I have looked every were to find an update but there is nothing out there. I would love to play this game I have watched many play it, mainly the YouTuber by the name of SplaterCat, do take your time though I know working out bugs can take sometime.

I’ll have a fix for this soon, and I’ll let you guys know when there is a testing build. Sorry for the problems.

Eric
    Participant

Hey take your time guys, I am just happy to have gotten a response to my problem so quickly.

Can you try running this build? Make sure to choose the one that matches your installation, and put in the game’s folder.
    32-bit: https://keeperrl.com/~michal/32/keeper.exe
    64-bit: https://keeperrl.com/~michal/64/keeper.exe

If it fixes the issue, I’ll release an official bugfix update.

Eric
    Participant

Well now i am just getting the Camand promped saying that it has crashed with no number… I have been looking for a crash report to see if there is anything i can do to give you an idea were to look to help but I can not find anything.
    Though I will say thank you for working on this so quick.

How are you launching the game? Through Steam?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.