Home Forums Bugs :P Game crash + deleted save game

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Nat20
    Participant

I loaded my game up, immediately possessed a raven and began to explore the area, after exploring for a minute or so the game crashed. The most unfortunate part of the crash was that it took my save state with it =(.

IS there a way to back my save up in case a crash happens?
    I was working on EP 2 for https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJDX08MWQ3o&list=UUt3LfOSUbrZIFWz21ZgiVLA and its gonna be a little weird me building a new dungeon. I'll make it work tho =).

Edit: I now see the save game files option =p, wish id seen that before oh well.

Nat20
    Participant

Game seems to consistently crash when exploring the map with a raven. It happens at different points , but every time i try to explore with a raven the game crashes.

Nat20
    Participant

Unfortunately the issue seems to be a bit more broad, the game crashes when I try exploring with any unit, making taking out the opposing factions currently impossible.

Edit: I have now had one successful attempt at exploration. |I'm not sure what is different.

I also get crashes at seemingly random times.  They happen quite frequently when controlling a minion directly or cutting lots of trees with Imps.  I seem to crash less frequently (although it still happens) when the music is turned off.  Not sure if this is related.

miki151
    Participant

Ok, I haven't had such crashes with a recent version, I'll try to hunt for this thing.

Nat20
    Participant

Not sure if it helps, but I captured it happening once for me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XTjDt_1hgo&list=UUt3LfOSUbrZIFWz21ZgiVLA#t=1041

miki151
    Participant

At which point? 🙂

Nat20
    Participant

The link should have been queued to a few sec before the crash. 17:20 or so.

I have the same problems with Alpha 11 on seven. I got a lot of crashes and the save games disappeared.

Sorry to put some pressure here but for me the game is unplayable. At each crash, the save is removed. When I relaunch the game it does not find any save and I have to start again.

I am the only one with this problem in apha 11?
    (win 8, 64 bits?)

miki151
    Participant

Sorry for the crashes. By design The save files are removed when you load them, but there is an option to surpass this, just check the settings.

I'll make sure the next version is more stable.

Thanks a lot for the tips miki151, that's was what I was looking for!

For the crashes, as long I can save it's ok for testing purpose!

cheers

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.