Home Forums General Discussion Free version not working (missing file)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kobold
    Participant

When I try to open KeeperRL.exe, it says it can’t start because “api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll” is missing. Someone please help.

• This topic was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by Kobold.

Hey, this should be fixed in the latest version. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Kobold
    Participant

Cheers! It opened, but the window closed the moment I clicked it. I tried waiting for the cut scene to end before clicking again, but it still closed. I also tried pressing keys instead, but they produced the same result.

So you get through the cut scene, but the game closes the moment you end the cut scene? Any pop ups about crash reports?

Kobold
    Participant

No, none at all. The only pop up that appears afterwards is when Winrar asks me if I want to save changes.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by Kobold.

Can you check if there is a file called stacktrace.out in the game’s folder (after it has crashed)?

Kobold
    Participant

I see it, but can’t open it, and couldn’t send it. I tried dragging the file in the reply box on these forums, and sending it as a reply through gmail, but it kept giving me an error page saying the file was either moved or deleted. I also tried sending the file in a new email, but it said it was 0 bytes (?) I also tried sending another random file, and it said the same thing. That was weird because Winrar says the .out file is 300 bytes.

I ended up sending the whole thing in a new email, so hopefully you can check it out.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.