Home Forums Bugs :P Claim Tile has an extra function/might not be working

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nat20
    Participant

I have not been able to successfully claim a tile with this tool, but If I use it on a black tile I can reveal it.

Nat20
    Participant

The Claim tile seems to only work on tiles with the cobblestone tile set, which wouldn't be so bad except for some reason not all the insides of my dungeon are of that tile set so I get rooms that have holes ( non build-able areas).

Edit:

Specifically I'm finding “Hills” in some of the cave pockets in the mountain that it wont let me claim. 

only the areas you can build can be claimed and as far as i know hills cannot be built upon so they cannot be claimed.

Nat20
    Participant

Then the hills shouldn't be appearing where they are, screwing up my whole dungeon. I will dig into the mountain with the intention of building, but when the Mountain tile is removed instead of a build-able room I get a room with hill holes that ruin my room efficiency. 

Nat20
    Participant

I've been thinking and since the previous build had no sort of room claiming element to it, the portion of my post about the hills in the dungeon MIGHT be better off as a design discussion. I had originally assumed the holes in my dungeon were the result of a bug since they hadn't happened at all in the previous build. With where the hills are appearing, they are messing up any sort of dungeon layout that looks nice and causing me difficulty in making an efficient and secure dungeon. I'll post this in the appropriate thread as well but since this is here. I have 2 solutions in mind that wouldn't change much and would solve this issue. 1) The ability to smooth out hills so they can become the cobblestone floor that is claimable, 2) Allowing a hill to be claimable IF it is adjacent to a claimed tile already.

But lets not let this overshadow the thing IM sure is a BUG and that is if you use the claim tile tool on any unexplored area of the map it will reveal that area to you forever, removing both the black and the fog of war permanently. If I'm not making sense I could whip up a short video clip and show it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.