Home Forums Bugs :P An unintended side affect of an awesome update for digging?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Guzorux
    Participant

I recently noticed in the first hour of designing a base layout that i couldn’t select some tiles to dig.
    I then realised that although i didn’t find this in the list of updates it seems the game now doesn’t let you place a dig order on a tile that can’t be dug, even when it’s in the fog of war (unlike the previous alpha)

I think this is great! Awesome in fact! As i dont have to riddle the map with probing tunnels to check for the bodies of water before designing a base layout! But i think i realised a minor game exploit…

If you highlight the entire map to be dug out then you can quickly Find out where all the caverns are, including any caves. I’m quite happy with this but i thought you might have wanted to know?

Sincerely
    -Guzorux

P.s. Please let me know if i’ve made any mistakes!
    P.p.s. I’m not sure if this helps but here’s some pictures:
    River revealed
    Water Cavern Reavealed

• This topic was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Guzorux. Reason: Added pitures + usual spelling corrections
    Guzorux
    Participant

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=794755223

*Not sure why piture isn’t showing so i tried to re-upload it…. for some reason the option the edit the post had disappeared….

Never mind…. i can’t seem to get the pictures to just display nomally, but it’s possible to see them if you follow the link attached to them.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Guzorux. Reason: Realised it didn't work
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Guzorux.

Yeah, it was an unintended feature that I left because it helps in base designing. I’ve been looking for a solution to the problem of unexpected caverns and lakes in the mountain for a long time. Maybe they should be visible from the start, I’m still unsure.

Guzorux
    Participant

OMG THANK YOU!!!! XD

I’m super glad you considered my previous comments on how highly some of us enjoy the base designing aspect of this game!

When it comes to having them revealed i’d say i’m also a little unsure what to sugggest.

My favourite idea for that would be revealing them the same way resources are revealed on the map, through a library upgrade, maybe “Aquifology”? it’s not a real word but an aquifer is an underground body of water. Or just “hydrology”?

Possibly the same mana cost as basic geology? Rarely do i have a game where my small starting base gets disturbed by a body of water and i don’t extensively plan out a base until i beat the campaign as to design an amazing base only to lose your keeper for a silly reason would to too much to lose.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by Guzorux.

That is a solution, although I’d probably want them visible right from the start when you are still planning your dungeon.

Lakes and rivers can be nicely integrated in the dungeon if you can plan ahead, and right now they’re more of a nuisance.

Guzorux
    Participant

Yeah, i agree with you.
    It wouldn’t change how i play too much but it would certainly aid in getting towards the part i want to play faster!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.