Home Forums News Alpha17 update

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Both Steam and itch.io feature updated versions of KeeperRL Alpha17. Humble Store should have the updated builds soon. Note that this is independent f
    [See the full post at: Alpha17 update]

Keeperman
    Participant

Hi Michal,

When you upgrade KeeperRL, could you declare the winners of the previous version? In the Score, Adventurer and Fastest win categories? Perhaps in the news forum?

I agree it makes sense to clean the highscores from time to time. Permanently acknowledging the winners before you do this will ensure there is still a competition going on each release.
    🙂

Warm regards,

Keeperman

Keeperman
    Participant

OK, I admit that I am coming from the position of leading in 2 of 3 categories for Alpha 17.

😉

The single map highscores will stay for a while now. There will be a separate table for campaign.

I might display the highscores somewhere on the homepage at some point.

Keeperman
    Participant

Thanks for explaining.

All the talk has been about campaign mode so far. Can I play adventure mode and keeper mode on Alpha 18, or will I need to install Alpha 17 as well to play those?

I mean is it all compiled into one exe or two seperate ones?

Nothing will change here, except probably new bugs caused by the massive code changes around the campaign.

I secretly hope though, that players will all switch to the new mode, so I can ditch the old one, and have less code to maintain 😛

Keeperman
    Participant

You might be in a position to make the old mode redundant. So I suppose you could wind up with some shared code, and other code with a campaign and non-campaign version. Do you think at some point, you could throw away the non-campaign code without breaking campaigns?

Keeperman
    Participant

Sounds a bit sort of messy 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.